Monday, April 21, 2008

Treasured Moment

What I’ve come to realized through my experiences from these drifts is what I value the most is never really the material I produce but the state of mind that I achieve during. About three hours after walking around I enter an almost autopilot state, where I don’t even pay attention to what I’m capturing. I just keep shooting. It isn’t because I’m tired or lazy, rather I’m seeing with a different set of eyes. I would relate it to some kind of high, where I see what the best way to capture an individual, place or thing is. I love it. I enter a trance where no matter how mundane or spectacular the subject is, it is always visually interesting. I can’t really explain how it all works. All I know is that it only occurs far along the journey with an incredible euphoria. Although I do not believe I need this experience to produce quality work, I do believe that it has allowed me to realize the potential within me and for that alone, I consider that feeling priceless.